The PMI-ACP® certification is a new credential offered by PMI for people working in Agile project management environments. The PMI-ACP certification recognizes an individual’s expertise in using Agile practices in their projects, while demonstrating their increased professional versatility through Agile tools and techniques. The process of earning this credential involves satisfying PMI’s eligibility criterion and passing the exam.
This Program fulfils the PMI ® requirement of 21 contact hours which a PMI-ACP® aspirant needs to have before applying for the PMI-ACP® Certification examination. The Program also aims to train the participants to be effective Project Managers using Agile methodologies.
This course is blended with concepts, exercises, discussions and real world examples, you will get better understanding of Agile Principles, Practices, Tools and Techniques (10 Tools and Techniques and 43 Knowledge and Skills areas) and usage for Agile project management.
If you work on agile teams or if your organization is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP® is a good choice for you. The PMI-ACP® is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill.
- Agile Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Developers, QA/Testers
- IT Leaders
- Project Stakeholders
- Team Members
The class registration includes:
- Workbook for the PMI-ACP® Exam Preparatory Course
- Certificate towards completing the course and the attendance
- Post training guidance
After attending this course you should be able to learn:
- Agile Development Lifecycle end to end with real world examples
- Compare Agile development practices to the traditional approaches for project management
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies(Scrum, XP, Kanban and Lean)
- Learn how to build self-organizing high performing teams
- Learn real world techniques for planning, estimating and prioritizing requirements in an Agile way
- Learn how to engage your business customers and delight them through early and frequent delivery of value
- Learn requirements gathering through Vision, Product Road map, collaboration, brainstorming, defining High Level user stories (Epics) and defining acceptance tests.
- Learn about the key Agile Project management processes of Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Iterations Monitoring and Meetings, along with other factors such as Prioritizations using different techniques
- Learn how to create effective visible Agile tracking reports using burn downs, burn up etc
- Get understanding advanced topics such as scaling Agile to large projects, distributed teams and lean portfolio management
- General project experience working on teams for 2,000 hours
- A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP®
- Experience of working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies for 1500 hours.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
- Register the course with WeAgile with required fee for the course
- Preferably register with PMI as PMI Member to avail the member benefits
- Attend the 2-day PMI-ACP® Exam Preparatory Course
- Schedule the PMI-ACP® exam as per the guidance and norms recommended by PMI
- Pass the PMI-ACP® examination
Know your Trainer
Tushar is a dynamic and result oriented Agile Trainer, Transformation Methodologist and Coach with more than 22 years of total experience in industry. During his tenure he has worked with various product and service organizations and enjoys his passion for enterprise level Agile Transformation, Agile Coaching and Agile Training.
He strongly believes in continuous improvement and continuous learning and treasures a rich experience in traditional to agile transformation assignments with a multi-million portfolio in Insurance Claims Management (BFSI domain), Telecom Billing (BSS and CRM domain) and in Clinical Research (Healthcare domain).