Product Owners and Product Managers are responsible for delivering customer value through effective execution and coordination of program increments in the enterprise. This two-day interactive workshop begins with the principles of SAFe®, Lean thinking tools, Agile development practices at scale, and an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework. You will then learn the Product Manager and Product Owner roles in the enterprise, how do they manage the enterprise backlog, delivering features, Agile requirements, the events within SAFe, and the stakeholder management.
You will get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe®, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects.
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® PM/PO exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe® PM/PO (PMPO) attendance certificate upon request
After this course, you should be able to::
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values.
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe® implementation.
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban.
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value.
- Engage in Product Manager strategies.
- Operate as a SAFe® Product Owner.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan.
- Build and grow communities of practice.
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Leading SAFe® 4.0
- Leading SAFe® Live Lessons 4.0
- SAFe® experience
- Register the course with WeAgile with required fee for the course
- Attend the 2-day Leading SAFe® course at WeAgile through SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC-4)
- Pass the online SA exam by Scaled Agile Academy (as per the norms prescribed by Scaled Agile Academy)
- SAFe® 4.0 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manger and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe® Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe® Product Owner
- Engaging stakeholders
- Building your Communities of Practice
Know your Trainer
Tushar is a dynamic and result oriented Agile Trainer, Transformation Methodologist and Coach with more than 22 years of total experience in industry. During his tenure he has worked with various product and service organizations and enjoys his passion for enterprise level Agile Transformation, Agile Coaching and Agile Training.
He strongly believes in continuous improvement and continuous learning and treasures a rich experience in traditional to agile transformation assignments with a multi-million portfolio in Insurance Claims Management (BFSI domain), Telecom Billing (BSS and CRM domain) and in Clinical Research (Healthcare domain).